One of the most popular visitor destinations in southern England, West Wittering Estate is a successful company with a turnover of more than £1.8 million. In a designated AONB and providing access to East Head in Chichester Harbour, the Estate extends to more than 220 acres with its Blue Flag beach, car park, cafe and surrounding fields. It is unique and diverse in its operation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, we are now looking to recruit an Estate & Facilities Manager whose key responsibilities include:
• Leadership and development of full time and seasonal staff
• Ensuring the safety of our visitors and staff using accepted best practice
• Managing and maintaining all operational aspects of the estate, car park and its barrier system
• Planning and scheduling of day to day tasks, and project management
• Site security
• Maintenance of all equipment, property, buildings and their infrastructure
• Building relationships with local organisations (eg. NE, EA, DEFRA, MMO, NT and harbour authorities)
• Budgetary control and accounting procedures.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Confidence, effective leadership and strong inter-personal skills
• Proven computer literacy, and use of new technologies
• Numeracy, and attention to administrative detail
• Environmental, maritime and land management experience
• Practical and immediate approach to problem resolution
• Ability to positively respond to pressure
• HSE compliance and H&S legislation
• First Aid qualifications.
This is a full time, hands-on role requiring commitment, dedication and total professionalism. The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive salary package, a modern 4 bedroom beach-side house and use of a company vehicle.
Please email your detailed CV setting out salary expectation and notice period to email@example.com. All replies will be acknowledged.
Closing date for applications: 13 March 2015