Blackwell Grange Golf Club based at Darlington, County Durham is a forward-thinking and progressive club with exciting plans for its future. The club is currently undertaking and has further plans for a number of investment projects to enhance facilities and infrastructure, and is seeking to appoint a General Manager to help realise its long term ambitions. This is an outstanding and unique opportunity for a talented individual with excellent commercial, financial and people management skills to take on a newly created role which will be both challenging and rewarding.
Following a move to its current location, the former Stressholme golf course, in July 2013, Blackwell Grange Golf Club is in a position of financial strength. The Club is now investing and developing for the benefit of current members and to attract visitors and new members including corporate memberships. The clear aim is to become one of the North East’s pre-eminent golfing facilities.
Reporting to the Executive Committee, the key objectives of the role are:
- Efficient management of all aspects of the Club’s operation.
- Delivery of the annual budget.
- Development and delivery of the Club’s long term business plan including capital investment.
- Full legal compliance and risk management.
- Management reporting.
Principle accountabilities of the post holder will include:
- People Management
- House (Bar and Catering)
- Finance and Administration
- Business Development and Marketing
- Golf Course
The General Manager will have line management responsibility for the House Manager (Bar and Catering), Head Green Keeper, Administration staff and Handyman. Additionally the General Manager will be involved with the supervision of the Golf Professional, advisors and financial support staff.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of:
- Commercial and Financial Management
- Track record of successful management of change including capital projects
- Leadership and team building
- Performance management of Staff
- Business Development
- Good level of Education
- Knowledge of employment and Health and Safety legislation
- Interest in sport generally, possibly with knowledge of the game of golf and its traditions, golf club finances and challenges
- Possibly experience within Service/Hospitality Industry
Significant interest is expected in this outstanding opportunity. Applications are encouraged at the earliest date. For more information, please visit the Paul Card Recruitment website.
Paul Card Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of Blackwell Grange Golf Club.