Known as the “Jewel by the Thames”, Harleyford Golf Club Marlow Limited is a privately owned club opened in 1996 and is located at the heart of the private Hearleyford Estate on the banks of the river Thames near Marlow. Designed by internationally renowned architects, Donald Steel & Co, the beautifully crafted, 18 hole, par 72 course measures some 6,700 yards from the back tees. The course is set in wonderful natural parkland and is both challenging and rewarding, appealing to players of all levels.
The golf enjoys an active membership with a full calender of golfing events and has all the facilities one would expect including bar, restaurant, lounge, meeting rooms, enabling a full range of golfing and non-golfing activites to be held such as business meetings, private parties, weddings, coporate and society golf today. Harleyford offers traditional golf in historic riverside surroundings set amidst the splendour of the west Chilterns countryside.
Harleyford Golf Club is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic General Manager. The position requires someone with proven experience in the following areas:
- Motivational leadership with regards to staff management combined with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent and confident communication skills when dealing with staff, members and guests.
- Excellent administrative skills to include stock control, pricing, purchasing.
- A general knowledge of the relevant legislation concerning health and safety, staff employment and licensing.
- Ensuring that the clubhouse, course and service levels are presented to the highest standard for members and guests.
- Producing, managing and presenting monthly reports against agreed annual budgets.
- Comprehensive IT skills with a good understanding of internet and social media skills.
- In conjunction with the marketing department, maximise the club’s facilities to encourage new business, ie new members, golf/society days, weddings, events etc.
- Sound financial and commercial acumen.
- Implementation of capital expenditure programme.
A competitive salary plus a performance related element will be offered commensurate with the skill and experience of the applicant. The position is available immediately.
Applications, to include a full CV, should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org