12 nonsensical dress codes golf clubs have
From dress code rules that are so detailed you need a tape measure to play to some of the most baffling wording ever used, here are 12 genuine rules found on golf clubs’ websites in Australia, the Middle East and North America about dress codes.
1. If we didn’t tell them, they would ALL be wearing thongs
2. Does this club provide a free tape measure?
3. Or this one a free watch?
4. I came here to play golf, not judge a knobbly knees competition
5. You MUST change soiled clothes. But only if the weather is extreme
6. You must wear a jacket and tie at all times. Unless it’s a Sunday evening, in which case you must wear a jacket without the tie
7. You can wear smart casual shoes without socks, but only between December and March. And only if the shoes are closed in. And only before 5pm.
8. Strictly no denim, tank tops or buttocks on display
9. We happily accept logos. But not all logos
10. If you’re wearing the wrong attire, we reserve the right to throw a tantrum
11. The good news is you can still wear the National Dress
12. They’re called ‘phones’. And why are judges allowed to use them?